Contractual Obligations

Q. Why is the agreement we signed a contract?

A. In order to provide a consistent level of expectations to our customers we put everything in writing. It is necessary to document that Restoration Contractors of America, Inc.  is guaranteed the full payout and work for our services whether it be damage assessment or a work authorization.

Q. Why do I have to sign a work authorization contract when my Insurance company said that you would handle everything?

A. The only person that can enter into any agreement for your home is you, the homeowner. You have a contract with the Insurance company (your policy) which stipulates the coverage that apply to your loss. Your policy usually directs your carrier to make payments to you, the homeowner. We work for you, however, not the insurance company. Our work authorization contract gives Restoration Contractors of America, Inc. your permission to proceed with repairs as indicated in your claim. We act in your best interest to agree upon the scope of work that will restore your property to its pre-loss condition.

Q. Why is my mortgage company included as a payee on the insurance claim check?

A. If your repair claim is greater than $10,000 and you have a mortgage on your property, your mortgage company requires your insurance carrier to include them as a payee on any property damage repair payment. Your mortgage company has a vested interest in your property being restored, and will release periodic payments as the repairs progress. They will also require inspections along the way.

We know how confusing it can be to deal with the bureaucratic processes of your mortgage company and insurance policies. We, at Restoration Contractors of America, Inc., have an extensive knowledge about these processes and are here to assist you with any questions you have concerning your mortgage payments and insurance related concerns.

Q. Why has RCA not provided me with an estimate?

A. The reason for this is that we perform the work for the replacement cost that the insurance company pays out. The adjuster prepares an estimate of what they are going to cover and we begin with that. It does not make sense for us to prepare and estimate on work that may not be covered and paid for the insurance.  If there is not enough money in the original estimate for us to complete the work, we will take it up with the insurance company and handle it.  Part of our job is the negotiating and handling of the insurance estimates with the insurance company. It is not uncommon for there to be missing items or small discrepancies that we bring up with the adjuster in order to get things covered.

Q. Can I make money on the insurance work?

A. The only money that a homeowner can legally pocket from an insurance claim is the ACV portion of work that RCA has provided written confirmation that the company will not be handling. Examples of those instances might be the replacement of a screen or the installation of a trim piece. If RCA has not provided written confirmation that certain work  will not be performed, then it is understood that RCA will be completing all of the work, per the contract agreement.